TS-100 Silicone Epoxy and TS-66 Supreme Urethane
Silicone Epoxy is a unique resin blend that produces extraordinary results in a wide variety of applications. The self-leveling finish is remarkably glossy and smooth, and it offers unequaled performance where standing water, grease, oil or intense UV are regularly present.
Provides a high level of adhesion with good flexibility, hardness, chemical resistance and resistance to high heat. Grinding or blasting not typically required on concrete with the use of TS-695 Etching Cleaner or Muriatic acid.
What makes this product different?
TS-100 Silicone Epoxy is remarkable because it is catalyzed by oxygen rather than a chemical reaction between two components, like typical epoxies, making it the latest in coatings technology. It is a single component, oxygen cured, self-leveling, waterproof coating that produces a film that remains both hard and flexible at the same time making it unique. It produces a non-toxic dry film and is approved for foodservice applications. It retains its color and gloss without waxing, buffing or the application of a clear coating. It is economical to use because it covers two to three times the area of typical paint because its maximum dry film thickness is only two mils, half the thickness of a sheet of paper! It is a one of a kind super-premium coating that may be unlike anything you have used before so please consider the following application information carefully before moving forward with your application plans.
Use it on all properly-prepared substrates such as metals, wood, concrete, fiberglass, and stone. It may be used on plastics; test for adhesion prior to a full application. It is recommended as a maintenance coating in exterior uses for home, agricultural and industrial equipment, machinery, marine use such as ships and barges, structural steel and tanks. For interior use, it may be used on walls and trim and provides an easily-cleaned surface to help withstand moisture and vapor.
Surfaces: Concrete, tile, masonry, plaster, wood, fiberglass, synthetic materials, and all metals.
Uses: Showers, kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, basements, epoxy garage floors, and most concrete floor paint applications. Approved for food service.
Primer: Concrete; self-priming in two or more coats. For wood, linoleum & fiberglass use TS-664 Etching Primer.
Thinner: TS-101 Thinner.
Application: Brush, roll or spray.
Coats: Apply two or more coats for best results
Coverage: Up to 400 sq./ft per gallon.
What to watch out for?
1. Watch your thickness: This product is designed to go on thinner than typical paint. Your maximum wet film thickness (WFT) is only 2 mils on a per coat basis. When applied too thickly the lower layers will be deprived of oxygen which may result in extended dry and cure times, discoloration or a failed application. The recommended dry film thickness (DFT) is 3.4 mils. Multiple coats are applied to achieve the recommended DFT. Dilution is required in virtually all applications. Use only recommended thinners. Do not substitute.
2. Runs and sags: If it runs or sags it has been applied too thickly. Adhere to the maximum recommended WFT. We encourage test applications which prevent many problems.
3. Cure times: The curing process should be allowed to be completed naturally or with the addition of TS-160 Accelerator/Hardener before entering full-service duty. We recommend the fingernail mark test to determine hardness. When it passes the fingernail mark test you know it has cured hard enough to enter full duty service. If after applying the topcoat or clear coat, you notice that the painted area is soft and can be easily indented with your fingernail. The paint has been applied to thickly or you didn’t let the basecoat dry long enough before applying the next coat. Solution – Just wait and let the paint dry thoroughly. This could take a while depending on how thickly it has been applied. Note: dark colors are slower to cure. Allow more time for dark colors to cure.
4. Thinning: This product’s unique formulation and high solid content means thinning is necessary to achieve the recommended 2 mil maximum WFT. Thin 5-10% with TS-605 Thinner or 15-25% with TS-101 Thinner depending on application requirements, spray tip size, desired control, equipment and application method. Proper thinning is required to achieve a leveled finish. Choose TS-605 Synthetic Thinner to speed dry time. Do not substitute any other thinners.
- Suitable for commercial-industrial or residential use.
- Low VOC low odor product.
- Produces a hard yet flexible finish. Self-leveling finish.
- Provides a high level of chemical resistance.
- Provides unequaled UV resistance, colorfastness and gloss retention.
- Withstands heat to 400F.
- Resists cracking, peeling and chipping.
Supreme Urethane (TS-66) is a two-component acrylic urethane has been specifically formulated to provide superior adhesion, higher build, and hardness, and higher chemical and heat resistance than any other competing epoxy, alkyd, urethane, or resin blend. This is a fully submersible coating acceptable for use on virtually all interior/ exterior surfaces and infrastructures subjected to corrosive environments. TS-66 Supreme Urethane also features a specially formulated activator that adds hardness that you will not find anywhere else!
Our supreme urethane features a high solid content formula that may be brushed, rolled, or sprayed on. It dries to the touch in just 20 minutes, and hard enough to overcoat or for light foot traffic in just six hours. It retains its color and glosses longer, with less yellowing and chalking. It has a 3-hour pot life making it easy to use. Ease of application and outstanding performance make it a compelling choice.
TS-66 has been specifically designed for extra durability and resistance to strong chemicals, high heat (500F), spilled fuel, acids, alkalis, solvents, salt spray, staining agents, and corrosion over a variety of substrates. Acceptable for use above and below the waterline, concrete, iron, steel, aluminum, fiberglass, and wood!
Tack Free: 5 hours
Time to Recoat: 6 hours
Pot Life: 3 hours
Dry Hard: 8 hours
V.O.C.: 380 g/L
Application: This is a two-component system that is mixed just before using. MIX: 7 Volume Component A to 1 Volume Component B. Induction time of 15 minutes should be allowed before application. Can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed on.
Thinning: Thin with TS-605 Thinner. Do not substitute.
Clean-up: Tools and equipment may be cleaned immediately with TS-605 Thinner, acetone, or lacquer thinner.
- Provides excellent chemical resistance.
- The self-leveling formula reduces brush and roller marks.
- Less likely to chalk, yellow or fade.
- Provides superior adhesion with a higher build.
- Superior color and gloss retention.
- Withstands extreme temperatures
- Buffing easily removes marks and abrasions.
- Long pot life makes it easy to use.
- May be brushed rolled or sprayed.
- Acceptable for long term submersion
- Available in over 100 colors and clear.